Thursday, April 16, 2015

A little something on the side

I got the opportunity to turn a slab that had been sitting around for a few years into a side table for a client in Indiana. She found me at my shop on etsy and made the custom order. Once I got started on this side table I quickly realized the really cool and unique grain on the piece. It really came through after the finishing process and I was very pleased with the final piece, as was the customer. Its great to know that my pieces are making their way around the country! Hairpin legs are not my first choice for a base but many customers seem to like them. They do simplify the shipping process.






3 comments:

  1. Those are the kind of legs that where thrown on our old black and white bleach blonde RCA TV c. 1959 to make room for stacks of Chinese checkers, Parcheesi, and Candy Land boards no doubt. You could buy these legs in any hardware store then. I thought they were a cheap cop out to trend then. I’m not far from that even now. Very, like a typewriter or worse, horse retro.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since this was a custom piece I was more than happy to oblige the paying customer's request. Unlike in 1959, these kinds of legs have to be specially ordered now, as they are not readily available at the corner hardware store. I still prefer traditional joinery and wooden legs to these, but, like I said, if a customer requests hairpin legs I am not going to berate them for it. Times change. People, sometimes, do not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm  here to share my testimony of what a good trusted loan company did for me. My name is Nikita Tanya, from Russian and I’m a lovely mother of 3 kids I lost my funds on trying to get a loan it was so hard for me and my children, I went online to seek for a loan assistance  all hope was lost until one faithful day when I met this friend of mine who recently secured a loan from Le_Meridian Funding Service She introduced me to this honest loan company who helped me get a loan in within 5 working days, I will forever be grateful to Mr Benjamin, for helping me get back on feet again. You can contact Mr Benjamin via email: lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com, they do not know I’m doing this for them, but i just have to do it because a lot of people are out there who are in need of a loan assistance  please come to this company and be saved.WhatsApp:(+1 989-394-3740)

    ReplyDelete